Wine Cellar Climate Control System FAQs
Red Leaf Solutions Offers Climate Contr for Your Wine Cellar
For over 20 years, the team at Red Leaf Solutions has been providing Denver, CO locals with services to make their residential wine cellar as efficient as possible. No matter which of our solutions you need, all our services are 100% customized to your needs, preferences, and budget. Keep reading for answers to some of our most frequently asked questions regarding the wine cellar climate control systems we have to offer.
Why do I need climate control for my wine cellar?
At Red Leaf Solutions, we recommend comprehensive climate control so you can easily maintain the temperature inside your wine cellar. A balance of temperature and humidity is critical for the proper storage and aging of your wine. Temperature not only affects the rate of maturation, but it will also keep your bottles’ corks in like-new condition. Climate control solutions eliminate the excess moisture, ensuring that your wine cellar does not fall victim to mold or fungal contaminations. Additionally, too dry of a wine cellar can cause corks to shrink, which will devalue your wine through oxidation. If you are considering investing in one of our custom home wine cellars, we urge you to protect your investment with our state-of-the-art climate control system.
Will Red Leaf Solutions Install a climate control system in my Denver, CO wine cellar?
Of course! Our team not only designs and installs custom wine cellars, but we can also install climate control systems. We are the Denver region’s industry leaders in wine cooling systems. Let us help you select the best climate control system for your wine cellar today!
Can you provide wine cellar climate control systems to match the style of my home?
We sure can! Our systems come in a plethora of sizes, options, and designs to fit your unique needs and aesthetic.
What are the different types of wine cellar climate control systems you can offer?
We offer three different kinds of climate control systems. These include the following:
- Through-the-wall unit – This is a cost-effective option for controlling the climate of your small-to-mid-sized wine cellar. These systems will not require any ductwork or refrigeration lines, making them totally self-contained.
- Ducted system – If you have a way to vent your cooling unit to a location up to approximately 25 feet outside of your wine cellar, a ducted cooling system may be the way to go. Though the unit is self-contained, it is connected to ductwork that runs from the cooling system to the wine cellar. This allows for the flow of cool air into the cellar and warm air out. These units will take up less space within your wine cellar, allowing you to store more wine.
- Redundant split system – This system is installed by one of or HVAC professionals and is a top-of-the-line, long-lasting option for cellars ranging from 200 to 2,000 square feet. Since this climate control option can be installed indoors or outdoors, it provides the most accurate temperature and humidity settings. This system is not only quiet and vibration-free, but it also generates cool air that keeps your wine from cooling down too quickly and potentially disturbing the taste of your favorite vintages.
Do you offer maintenance options for these wine cellar climate control systems?
Yes! The team at Red Leaf Solutions is one of the most trusted wine cellar climate control experts in Denver, CO. We will maintain your system by reducing acidity inside the wine cellar, cleaning condenser coils, and more! We will ensure that your wine cellar climate control system is always running at peak efficiency, so your collectibles never lose value.
How long is the typical lifespan of a wine cellar cooling system?
While standard models can last from one to five years, top-of-the-line units can last for as many as 20 years! The most significant factor in prolonging the lifespan of your system is ensuring it receives proper preparation, installation, and maintenance.
Do I need a humidifier as well as a cooling unit to keep my wine cellar’s climate-controlled?
Nope! All climate systems are designed to cool the air as well as keep the humidity at the proper levels to keep bottle corks in like-new condition.
How often will the climate control system run?
The answer to this question varies and will depend on factors like the unit’s design and size, the ambient temperature, proper cellar construction and insulation values, the number of bottles in your wine cellar, aesthetic additions such as glass, concrete, or stone, and adequate ventilation. Typically, a correctly sized unit will run 50-70% of the time.
Are climate control systems noisy?
Since these systems rely on mechanical equipment to function, there will likely be audible noise coming from your wine cellar. With that being said, redundant split systems and some ducted systems are a much quieter option for those wanting minimal noise to come from their wine cellar.
Call Now for Your Complimentary In-Home Design Consultation
Why Choose Us?
- Over 20 Years of Experience
- Unique, Customized Solutions
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Expansive Line of Manufacturers
- Free In-Home Design Consultations